Are you currently unemployed? Are you aged between 16-24? Interested in a FREE 12 week course that includes a week of Outdoor Pursuits? Interested in getting a qualification to help get a job or boost your confidence?
Would you like to start 2017 in a positive way, getting involved in a range of team building experiences to achieve qualifications that will improve your chances of gaining employment or progressing into further education? If so, the 'Prince's Trust Team Programme' at Southern Regional College could be for you!
The Prince's Trust Personal Development Programme is a 12 week course aimed at young people aged between 16 - 24, helping to increase transferable skills including; communication, working with others, problem solving, teamwork, tolerance and leadership as well as many other skills that will make you a good candidate for potential employers.
The twelve weeks are set out as follows:
- WEEK 1: Team building activities and setting goals. Developing aims and action plans for the 12 weeks.
- WEEK 2: Residential week that includes problem solving and teamwork exercises, working on personal goals, understanding the team, taking on challenges and gaining a sense of achievement.
- WEEK 3: Community project planning, fundraising and first aid awareness.
- WEEKS 4-6: Working together as a team on a community project that will contribute towards improving the local region, in turn developing strengths and improving existing skills.
- WEEKS 7&8: Gaining valuable experience in a working environment.
- WEEK 9: CV planning, interview preparation, job searches and career advice.
- WEEK 10&11: Team challenges: planning and carrying out people-facing tasks. Working with people from different backgrounds and varying levels of ability. An opportunity to demonstrate skills and strengths gained throughout the course.
- WEEK 12: Final Presentation.
For further information on 'The Prince's Trust Team Programme' at Southern Regional College contact: