This service is free so why not use it
Seek help if and when you need it. Meetings with the careers advisers are treated in a sensitive manner and remain confidential. In some instances we may need to refer you on to outside agencies with specialist knowledge and skills. This is all part of the service to find the right solution for you.
Help us to help you
- Do some research about your career to get the best out of your meeting with your careers adviser.
- Use the careers service to explore and discover career options which suit your ambitions and circumstances
- Provide Student Services with complete and accurate information so that we can help with your query
- Notify us of any specialist needs relating to the provision, in alternative formats, of career education, information and guidance
- Take responsibility for your part in the process by regular communication with appropriate staff
- Make sure you meet published deadlines e.g. UCAS applications and organise and guidance interviews realistically to those deadlines
What the service can realistically provide
Accept that we may not be able to find answers immediately to all your queries. Rather than knowing the answers to every careers question, the careers adviser's role is often to know where to find answers and show you how to use information to research queries for yourself.
Keep that appointment
Attend appointments on time or notify us if you are unable to attend so that other arrangements can be made.