The Knowledge Transfer Partnership is suitable for all industry sectors.
The Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) scheme helps businesses to innovate and grow. Each KTP is a three-way partnership between a Business, Southern Regional College and a Graduate.
KTP Associate is employed within the company full time and receives academic support from Southern Regional College on a weekly basis.
Benefits / Outcomes for Your Business
- Taking part in a KTP can help you to develop your business and help you get the academic expertise that you don’t have in-house.
- This expertise can help your business perform better and become more competitive and productive.
- Around 60% of associates are offered a permanent job in the company when the project ends.
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships are currently funded by fifteen Government organisations led by the Technology Strategy Board (TSB). Each Partnership is part-funded by Government with the balance of the costs coming from the company partner.
Up to 60% funding for SME’s. The amount businesses need to contribute is different for SMEs and larger companies.
If you are a small to medium-sized business, you will need to contribute a third of the costs. The average annual contribution to a project for an SME is around £23,000.
If you are a larger business, you may need to contribute half the cost. The average annual contribution to a project for a larger company is around £30,000.
A Knowledge Transfer Partnership usually lasts for up to 12 months.
Terms and Conditions
- you can apply as a business if you are a company of any size or a not-for-profit organisation
- you can apply as an academic partner if you are a university, college or research technology organisation
- you can apply as an associate if you are a high-calibre recent graduate. You must have the knowledge and skills to lead an innovative and strategic business project
For further information on KTP's at SRC please contact a member of The Business Support & Innovation team on 028 3025 9664 or 028 3839 7778 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact The Business Support & Innovation Team on: 028 3025 9664 (Newry) 028 3839 7778 (Portadown) or e-mail: email@example.com