This qualification provides an understanding of art, design and craft through engagement with the work of artists and designers. You have the opportunity to gain practical and creative skills by working with the 2D and 3D materials, processes and techniques of their choice. Available options include photography, graphic design, 3D, fine art and fashion.
The qualification is a workshop and studies-based, hands-on course, that is first and foremost about building a portfolio of art and design work through varied scenario-based projects.
- All applicants must be able to demonstrate at interview that they have a satisfactory level of fluency in English – both written and spoken. The College reserves the right to refer any applicant to appropriate English Language classes until their level of fluency in written and spoken English is sufficient to allow participation in other areas of study.
- Applicants must be at least 16 years of age on or before 1st July in the year of proposed entry to the course.
- Applicants should normally have a minimum of a full Level 1 qualification (four GCSEs at grades D-G, including English and Mathematics at grades D-F or equivalent qualification profile from the Register of Regulated Qualifications). Applicants presenting with a Junior Cert qualification should have attained a majority of higher level subjects.
- Applicants must demonstrate the attributes of motivation and initiative to participate in the programme and a desire to succeed in completing their chosen course.
- Attendance at IPEAS or GPEAS is essential for the selection of candidates in all Level 2 full time courses.
*The College may also use other evidence provided as part of the application process.
- Exploring the work of artists and designers
- 2D media, materials and techniques
- Producing art or design work for sale
- Exploring self-image
- 3D media, materials and techniques
- Exploring fashion and textiles
1 year full-time
There are some employment opportunities at the end of this course though most successful students will choose to further their studies on the level 3 courses in Art and Design.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply now using our online application form!
IMPORTANT COURSE & DELIVERY STATEMENT
In light of the continuing Covid-19 situation, Southern Regional College may have to amend the delivery methods for a number of courses for the new academic year, or should the need arise effect a temporary College closure. This may also lead to restrictions when accessing student services. Please be assured that the safety of our students is paramount and as such we will be implementing a range of measures in line with government advice and protocols. We will make all appropriate and reasonable adjustments to maintain the ongoing quality of teaching and learning and our support services.
In accordance with the Consumer Rights Act 2015, you will be notified of any such changes, the reasons for the changes and any options available to you to avoid such changes having an adverse impact on your future career. All higher education students and applicants should refer to the Consumer Protection page.
Information about our fees policy including details on registration and reduced fees as well as refunds can be found HERE
Currency () GPB