This course aims to support young people in:
- Becoming confident individuals who are physically, emotionally and socially healthy;
- Being responsible citizens who can make a positive contribution to society and embrace change;
- Developing skills which prepare the individual for independence and working life;
- Managing risk together with their own wellbeing.
- Students must provide a recent Statement of Educational Needs and/or Record of Achievement from their last school. Students must have basic reading and writing skills and a qualification at Entry Level 1.
- An interview and assessment for learning will play an important role in the selection of candidates for this course. Learners must attend SRC Pre-Enrolment Advice Session and complete an Individual Learning Plan.
A range of modules are completed to ensure learners have the opportunity to reach their full potential.
- Healthy Living
- Managing Own Money
- Making the Most of Leisure Time
- Preparation for Work
Learners will also have the opportunity to enhance their literacy, numeracy and ICT skills whilst undertaking modules.
1 year full-time (3 days in college)
You will have the opportunity to gain work placement during this course, developing more independence and confidence; with the plan to progress to ASDAN Employability. You may also progress to part-time provision within the College or sheltered work placement.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for this course are now closed!
028 3025 9685
IMPORTANT COURSE & DELIVERY STATEMENT
In light of the continuing Covid-19 situation, Southern Regional College may have to amend the delivery methods for a number of courses for the new academic year, or should the need arise effect a temporary College closure. This may also lead to restrictions when accessing student services. Please be assured that the safety of our students is paramount and as such we will be implementing a range of measures in line with government advice and protocols. We will make all appropriate and reasonable adjustments to maintain the ongoing quality of teaching and learning and our support services.
In accordance with the Consumer Rights Act 2015, you will be notified of any such changes, the reasons for the changes and any options available to you to avoid such changes having an adverse impact on your future career. All higher education students and applicants should refer to the Consumer Protection page.
Information about our fees policy including details on registration and reduced fees as well as refunds can be found HERE
Currency () GPB