Higher Level Apprenticeship
Over the last 10 years the construction industry has undergone a revolution in digital construction with the development of Building Information Management in the whole life cycle of the building and construction process.
Graduates of all disciplines no longer just need the technical knowledge and skills to function effectively, they also need digital skills.
This course is designed to bridge this skills deficit, providing a qualification that covers the traditional knowledge and skills required but enhanced with the digital skills needed to function effectively within the industry.
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age on or before 1st July in the year of proposed entry to the course.
- Applicants should normally have obtained a minimum of 48 UCAS points achieved through the completion of A Levels, National Awards, Access or other alternative approved level 3 qualifications.
- Have attained at least 15 points at Level 2 or above (e.g. GCSE Maths and English, grades C or above) or have alternative approved qualifications (Essential Skills Level 2). In addition, applicants must provide evidence of competence in written and spoken English Language.
- Entry to Higher Level Apprenticeships (HLA) - employers may further enhance the entry criteria at their discretion. All applicants for HLAs will be interviewed by prospective employers to decide their suitability prior to being employed by a company. Each the applicant must secure employment with a Northern Ireland based company with a minimum contract of 21 hours. Entrance to HLAs is subject to meeting DfE Operational requirements.
Stage 1. Complete both the application form and the additional information form. Attend a pre-enrolment information session where you will receive more information about your chosen course. You will be advised if you can progress to stage 2 if you meet or have the potential to meet the entrance criteria.
Stage 2. For applicants who receive a Conditional Offer from SRC, your additional information will be forwarded to a list of potential employers identified by SRC (alternatively if you have an employer in mind you can contact the College who will assess workplace suitability). You will progress to stage 3 if you meet the employer’s criteria for interview selection.
Stage 3. Interview stage - If following the interview stage you secure a conditional offer of employment under the Higher Level Apprenticeship programme you will progress to stage 4.
Stage 4. Applicants must present evidence to SRC on A-Level results day that relevant A-Level or equivalent qualifications are achieved. Evidence of a conditional offer of employment must also be in place at this time from the participating employer. The College will then proceed to issue a FIRM offer onto the HLA Programme.
Please note that a FIRM offer is not a guarantee that the course will commence (see below point 2)
- Employers are responsible for contacting you (the applicant) directly to invite you for interview. SRC are not involved in the shortlisting or interview process. Employers are responsible for contacting you (the applicant) directly to make you an offer of employment.
- The HLA programme will run subject to sufficient enrolments. Although you may be in receipt of a FIRM letter of offer onto the course, the College reserves the right to only run the course if sufficient enrolments are in place.
- Attendance is strongly recommended by all Higher Level Apprenticeship applicants at the Southern Regional College’s Careers session. Invitations will be issued to advise date, time and location.
- Mathematics for Construction
- BIM and CAD
- Introduction to Project and Information Management
- Construction Science and Materials
- Digital Surveying
- Measurement and Estimating
- Construction Technology
- Construction Economics
- Introduction to Contracts and Law
- Advanced Construction Technology
- Group Project
- Work Related Learning
ACCREDITED BYOpen University
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Click here to view our terms and conditions
Successful candidates may progress to Level 6 Degree courses at UK universities dependent on University entry requirements.
This may include:
- Construction Management
- Quantity Surveying
- Site Management
- Project Management
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for this course are now closed!
028 3025 9684
IMPORTANT COURSE & DELIVERY STATEMENT
In light of the continuing Covid-19 situation, Southern Regional College may have to amend the delivery methods for a number of courses for the new academic year, or should the need arise effect a temporary College closure. This may also lead to restrictions when accessing student services. Please be assured that the safety of our students is paramount and as such we will be implementing a range of measures in line with government advice and protocols. We will make all appropriate and reasonable adjustments to maintain the ongoing quality of teaching and learning and our support services.
In accordance with the Consumer Rights Act 2015, you will be notified of any such changes, the reasons for the changes and any options available to you to avoid such changes having an adverse impact on your future career. All higher education students and applicants should refer to the Consumer Protection page.
Information about our fees policy including details on registration and reduced fees as well as refunds can be found HERE
Currency () GPB