Higher Level Apprenticeship
This course will enable you to develop a broad range of knowledge and skills appropriate to managers, consultants and entrepreneurs. This course is expected to run as a Higher Level Apprenticeship (HLA) basis for 8 hours per week over 2.5 years.
Both academic and industry consultants deliver on this course and are all highly qualified and experts in the area of Digital Marketing, Advertising and Communications. This course will provide the latest theoretical thinking alongside practical knowledge and skill in the fast-paced digital arena required for a successful career in Digital Marketing Communications. It will have an emphasis on the practical skills required by industry to enhance employability prospects. These practical skills will be developed through workshops based upon an ever-changing digital toolkit and application of such skills and knowledge through meaningful work experience with relevant organisations. Following your application an interview will be required.
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- A minimum of 64 UCAS points
- GCSE Mathematics grade C or Essential Skills Level 2
- GCSE English Language grade C or Essential Skills Level 2
- Secure employment with an approved employer who will support you through the HLA programme
Please note that this criteria may be further enhanced by employers and short-listed applicants will also be interviewed by the company prior to the offer of employment.
Stage 1. Complete both the application form and the additional information form. Attend a pre-enrolment information session where you will receive more information about your chosen course. You will be advised if you can progress to stage 2 if you meet or have the potential to meet the entrance criteria.
Stage 2. For applicants who receive a Conditional Offer from SRC, your additional information will be forwarded to a list of potential employers identified by SRC (alternatively if you have an employer in mind you can contact the College who will assess workplace suitability). You will progress to stage 3 if you meet the employer’s criteria for interview selection.
Stage 3. Interview stage - if following the interview stage you secure a conditional offer of employment under the Higher Level Apprenticeship programme you will progress to stage 4.
Stage 4. Applicants must present evidence to SRC by August 2021 that show relevant A-Level or equivalent qualifications are achieved. Evidence of a conditional offer of employment must also be in place at this time from the participating employer. The College will then proceed to issue a FIRM offer onto the HLA Programme.
Please note that a FIRM offer is not a guarantee that the course will commence (See below point 2)
- Employers are responsible for contacting you (the applicant) directly to invite you for interview. The College is not involved in the shortlisting or interview process. Employers are responsible for contacting you (the applicant) directly to make you an offer of employment.
- The HLA programme will run subject to sufficient enrolments. Although you may be in receipt of a FIRM letter of offer onto the course, the College reserves the right to only run the course if sufficient enrolments are in place.
- Attendance is strongly recommended by all Higher Level Apprenticeship applicants at the Southern Regional College’s Careers session. Invitations will be issued to advise date, time and location.
- Brand Management and Integrated Marketing Communications
- Creative Communications
- Digital Advertising and Content
- Digital Disruption in the External Environment
- Digital Innovation
- Essential of Digital Marketing Communications
- Ethics and Legalities
- Event Management
- Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Marketing Fundamentals and Consumer Behaviour
- Mobile Marketing
- Professional Placement
- Advanced Digital Toolkit (practical workshops)
- Basic Digital Toolkit (practical workshops)
- Productivity in Business
ACCREDITED BYOpen University
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Click here to view our terms and conditions
On successful completion of this course you may progress to senior positions in Digital Marketing, Internal Communications, Advertising and specialist roles such as Digital Analyst, Digital Designer, Content Marketing manager or you may go on to enrol on a relevant degree course and gain maximum exemption for the subjects taken on the Foundation Degree.
HOW TO APPLY
All full-time courses starting in September 2021 are open for applications. Please click on the Apply Now button (top right in the blue box) to begin your application.
If you require any assistance with your application you can call us on 0300 123 1223.
028 3025 9683
IMPORTANT COURSE & DELIVERY STATEMENT
In light of the continuing Covid-19 situation, Southern Regional College may have to amend the delivery methods for a number of courses for the new academic year, or should the need arise effect a temporary College closure. This may also lead to restrictions when accessing student services. Please be assured that the safety of our students is paramount and as such we will be implementing a range of measures in line with government advice and protocols. We will make all appropriate and reasonable adjustments to maintain the ongoing quality of teaching and learning and our support services.
In accordance with the Consumer Rights Act 2015, you will be notified of any such changes, the reasons for the changes and any options available to you to avoid such changes having an adverse impact on your future career. All higher education students and applicants should refer to the Consumer Protection page.
Information about our fees policy including details on registration and reduced fees as well as refunds can be found HERE
Currency () GPB