This is a nationally recognised qualification gained in the workplace. It is based on National Occupational Standards, which are standards written by employers and experts in the early years sector. This course aims to provide you with the skills and knowledge needed to manage practice and lead others. This course is for senior practitioners in a leadership and management role who work within early years and childcare settings including day nurseries, crèches, playgroups and after school settings.
This course has been developed in response to government plans to produce a more professional leader and manager in early years. The DHSSPS Minimum Standards for Childminding and Daycare for children under age 12 states; ‘in pre-school sessional care or crèches, the person in charge and deputy should have at least a qualification at QCF Level 5 Diploma in Child Care, Learning and Development’ (July 2012).
This course is delivered 3 hours per week over a 2 year period. You will be expected to engage in independent study to achieve the knowledge criteria in all units. Minimum guided learning hours are 577. Lecturers involved in delivering the programme have relevant experience in this area as well as continued professional development.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age on or before 1st July in the year of proposed entry to the course.
- Applicants must have a Level 3 Diploma in Childcare and Education or equivalent.
- Applicants must be currently employed as a manager or assistant manager in an early years setting.
- Interview required.
- Induction/Study Skills.
- Support Children’s Care, Learning and Development in the Early Years.
- Understand Children and Young Person’s Development.
- Lead Practice that Supports Positive Outcomes.
- Use and Develop Systems that Promote Communication.
- Champion Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
- Explore Models of Disability.
- Professional Practice in Children’s Care, Learning and Development.
- Promote Professional Development.
- Work in Partnership in Children.
- Develop and Implement Policies and Procedures to Support Safeguarding.
- Develop Health, Safety and Risk Management Policies, Procedures and Practices.
- Develop Professional Supervision Practice in Children and Young People’s Settings.
- Lead and Manage a Team within a Children and Young People’s Setting.
- Recruitment and Selection Within Children and Young People’s Settings.
- Manage Induction in Children and Young People’s Settings.
- Appraise Staff Performance.
- Manage Physical Resources.
- Develop the Environment for Children and Young People.
- Young People's Settings.
- Manage Quality in Children.
Assessment includes written assignments and direct observation.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Click here to view our terms and conditions
On successful completion of this course you may progress to Edexcel Level 7 Award in Strategic Management and Leadership. This course will also enhance your professional development in line with the Minimum Standards for childminding and daycare for children under age 12.
HOW TO APPLY
All full-time courses starting in September 2022 are open for applications. Please click on the Apply Now button (top right in the blue box) to begin your application.
If you require any assistance with your application you can call us on 0300 123 1223.
028 3025 9685
IMPORTANT COURSE & DELIVERY STATEMENT
In light of the continuing Covid-19 situation, Southern Regional College may have to amend the delivery methods for a number of courses for the new academic year, or should the need arise effect a temporary College closure. This may also lead to restrictions when accessing student services. Please be assured that the safety of our students is paramount and as such we will be implementing a range of measures in line with government advice and protocols. We will make all appropriate and reasonable adjustments to maintain the ongoing quality of teaching and learning and our support services.
In accordance with the Consumer Rights Act 2015, you will be notified of any such changes, the reasons for the changes and any options available to you to avoid such changes having an adverse impact on your future career. All higher education students and applicants should refer to the Consumer Protection page.
Information about our fees policy including details on registration and reduced fees as well as refunds can be found HERE
Currency () GPB