This course is suitable for those in senior management positions or those currently in a management position wishing to progress to a senior management post.
During this course you will gain knowledge and develop practical aspects of your management style whilst encouraging critical and innovative thinking on how best to manage an organisation at a strategic level.
The teaching styles and assessment methods will involve student engagement and active participation to improve and develop your own distinctive management skills and behaviours.
The course involves approximately 220 hours student contact time over the duration and you will be timetabled for two evenings per week. This will include both in class and blended learning. There will be an expectation for non-student contact (independent study).
All staff delivering on this programme are highly experienced with extensive knowledge of management and leadership.
This course will be delivered, supported and assessed through the use of common digital tools such as Microsoft Office, online learning resources and online meetings. Prospective learners should therefore have a level of competence and confidence in the use of IT before applying for this course.
In addition, some course delivery and support will be through remote online sessions, which do not require physical attendance in College. Prospective learners must ensure that they have sufficient IT and internet access to facilitate this.
- Applicants must be at least 19 years of age on or before 1st July in the year of proposed entry to the course.
- Applicants must have sufficient capacity and/or experiential learning to undertake this qualification, for example be employed in a strategic managerial role.
- Applicants must have achieved relevant study at Level 5 or above.
- Applicants should have attained at least 15 points at Level 2 or above (e.g. GCSE) or have alternative approved qualifications. This must include GCSE English Language Grade C or Essential Skills Communication Level 2 and GCSE Mathematics Grade C or Essential Skills Numeracy Level 2. In addition, applicants must provide evidence of competence in written and spoken English Language.
- Applicants will be required to attend an interview.
- Strategic Change Management.
- Strategic Leadership and Management.
- Strategic Human Resource Management.
- Financial Principles and Techniques for the Strategic Manager.
Assessment will be via a combination of assignments, case studies and class tests.
ACCREDITED BYPearson and regulated by QAA.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Click here to view our terms and conditions
The Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership is a recognised qualification in its own right. Level 7 holders may be eligible for entrance onto MBA programmes.
HOW TO APPLY
All full-time courses starting in September 2022 are open for applications. Please click on the Apply Now button (top right in the blue box) to begin your application.
If you require any assistance with your application you can call us on 0300 123 1223.
0300 123 1223
IMPORTANT COURSE & DELIVERY STATEMENT
In light of the continuing Covid-19 situation, Southern Regional College may have to amend the delivery methods for a number of courses for the new academic year, or should the need arise effect a temporary College closure. This may also lead to restrictions when accessing student services. Please be assured that the safety of our students is paramount and as such we will be implementing a range of measures in line with government advice and protocols. We will make all appropriate and reasonable adjustments to maintain the ongoing quality of teaching and learning and our support services.
In accordance with the Consumer Rights Act 2015, you will be notified of any such changes, the reasons for the changes and any options available to you to avoid such changes having an adverse impact on your future career. All higher education students and applicants should refer to the Consumer Protection page.
Information about our fees policy including details on registration and reduced fees as well as refunds can be found HERE
Currency () GPB