Our Careers Team is dedicated to providing information, advice and support to help you plan and achieve your next steps. The team supports students throughout their time at the College and also helps applicants and those considering their options, prior to joining SRC.
Careers advice, information and guidance is an essential part of your learning journey. The right advice will enable you to make decisions about your learning, training and work opportunities. Our experienced and qualified team will help you by:
- Delivering impartial, informed and accurate information;
- Providing a supportive, friendly and confidential service to all users;
- Developing students employability skills - skills and personal attributes that make you more likely to get a job.
Meet the Team
The Careers Team is based in the Student Services areas of the College's Armagh, Banbridge, Lurgan, Newry and Portadown Campuses. We encourage you to make contact with a member of the Careers Team, before and during your time at the College. You are welcome to 'drop-in' to make an enquiry or for more specific careers support and guidance, you are advised to make an appointment with a member of the team.
Please feel free to contact your campus Careers Officer by email or telephone:
Armagh, Lurgan & Portadown
Tel: 028 3751 2808
Mob: 077 6075 0691
Newry & Banbridge
Tel: 028 3751 2808
Mob: 077 6075 0685
How we can help you
The Careers Team can help you with the following:
- Application forms: completing application forms for college, university or employment accurately and on time.
- Changing course: sometimes things don't go to plan and that's ok! It's important to take action if you aren't happy with your course or if you change your mind. The team will work with you to explore alternative options to get you back on track.
- CV help and advice.
- Interview preparation: preparation is key to presenting yourself confidently at interview, whether for university or employment.
- Career options: it isn't always easy making big decisions, which ultimately affect your future. The team will help you identify your ambitions and explore career paths best suited to your skills, attributes, qualifications and goals.
- Higher education: lots of our students progress to higher education at SRC or alternatively at other colleges or universities across Ireland, the UK and sometimes further afield! If this is your goal, the team can help you to get there.