ERASMUS+ enables students and staff to study or work abroad across 19 European countries.
Southern Regional College has offered Lifelong Learning Programmes since 2007 and has held the HE Erasmus Charter since 2009. In September 2015, SRC was the first College in N. Ireland to be awarded the prestigious ERASMUS+ VET Mobility charter.
Southern Regional College secured €333,414 funding for 3 new Erasmus+ projects for the academic period 2018/19. These projects will allow 103 students and 47 staff to undertake study visits, training and work placements across Europe this year to Estonia, The Netherlands, Sweden, Portugal, Germany, Spain, Finland, Malta and Italy. The 3 projects are as follows:
1. Erasmus+ Mobility of Vocational Education In Unique Placements Project (MOVE UP)
• The aims and objectives of this project marry the aims of the ERASMUS + programme in supporting learners in the acquisition of competencies (knowledge, skills and attitudes) with a view to improving their personal development and employability in the European labour market
• SRC is the lead partner working with Luxol Sports Club in Malta, Bragamob in Portugal, Trainee+ Up, Spain and Fundacion Docete Omnes in Granada.
• The programme will allow 103 students and 24 staff to avail of EU mobilities.
2. Erasmus+ Higher Education Staff Mobility Project (HE5)
Through Erasmus+ SRC’s External Funding and International Affairs Unit has secured funding for 15 staff to pursue stimulating opportunities for learning across Europe. This project will enable 15 staff to spend 3 days each in a European country to carry out work shadowing/ training.
Staff will gain valuable life-skills and international experience to help them develop personally & professionally. The ERASMUS + programme should improve the quality of teaching and learning across SRC and will enhance our reputation and our international standing.
3. Erasmus+ Cyber Security Project KA2
The aim of this 2 year project is to work with 5 European partners to develop a joint VET curriculum in cybersecurity. The project has a total value of €185,902.00 and commenced in November 2018
1. HETEL, Spain
2. New College Lanarkshire, Scotland
3. AS BCS Koolitus (IT Training & Consulting company) Estonia
4. Vantaa Kaupunki College Helsinki, Finland
5. ROC Da Vinci College, Netherlands
6. SRC, N. Ireland
Erasmus+ Learning for Living Together Project KA2
The College continues to lead a two year Erasmus + partnership project with a value of €262,495 with international partners in the Republic of Ireland, Latvia, Italy and Sweden developing an on-line equality and diversity programme supporting migrant, refugee and asylum seeker communities. The project commenced September 2017
1. Conform, Italy
2. Kettle of Fish, N.Ireland
3. Dundalk Institute of Technology, Ireland
4. Radosas Iniciativas Centrs, Latvia
5. Mottagingseheten Adjunkten, Sweden