NI Traineeships help you gain experience and get a qualification to take the next step into employment or further study.
The NI Traineeship programme provides a high-quality vocational education and training programme at level 2 and is aimed at school leavers or adults who aspire to work within a specific sector. These programmes provide the skills and qualifications necessary to secure employment in a chosen occupation or to allow you to progress to a level 3 apprenticeship or level 3 further education course.
The NI Traineeship programme comprises of:
- A main professional and technical qualification in a chosen occupational area.
- Practical skills development.
- Transversal skills e.g. problem solving or teamwork.
- Work placement.
- Literacy and numeracy qualifications at level 2 (Essentials Skills or GCSE).
- Additional qualifications suitable to your chosen sector e.g. Health and safety, CSR or manual handling.