Higher Level Apprenticeships
A Higher Level Apprenticeship (HLA) offers students the opportunity to gain quality training and a recognised higher level qualification while in paid employment.
HLAs are open to applicants who have gained a level 3 qualification (A-Levels/A-Level equivalent) and who are either employed or about to take up paid employment as an apprentice. Higher Level Apprenticeships (HLAs) currently offer qualifications from Level 4 to Level 7 (Master’s degree). The majority are at Level 5 (Foundation degree or equivalent). The length of a Higher Level Apprenticeship will vary depending on the programme you chose, but will be a minimum of two years.
The Higher Level Apprenticeship programme offers an opportunity to get qualified at higher level without incurring the student debt that your university peers will accrue during their degree course – providing a real alternative to university! The programme is funded through the Department for the Economy, allowing it to be offered free of charge.
Southern Regional College offer HLAs in the following areas:
- Accounting Technicians
- Applied Industrial Sciences - Chemical Pathway
- Applied Industrial Sciences- Life Science Pathway
- Cloud Computing, Analytics & Security for Industry
- Computing for Industry (Degree Top-Up HLA)
- Construction (Digital Construction Management) (Subject to validation approval)
- Construction (Quantity Surveying) (Subject to validation approval)
- Digital Marketing, Advertising & Communications
- Digital Marketing, Advertising & Communications (Top-up) (Subject to validation approval)
- Engineering (Electrical & Electronics)
- Engineering (Mechatronics)
- Engineering (Technical Design & Manufacture)
- Engineering (Degree Top-Up HLA) (Subject to validation approval)
- FinTech (Subject to validation approval)
- Hospitality & Tourism with Specialisms – Hospitality Pathway
- Sport & Exercise
Benefits to apprentices
By taking part in a Higher Level Apprenticeship, you can gain the skills that employers need and that are relevant to the local economy, therefore improving your prospects of good earnings and sustained employment.
Other benefits include:
- Earning while you learn.
- Achieving professional-level qualifications without paying higher education tuition fees.
- Increased opportunities for career progression.
- A clear pathway to achieving ambitions in the workplace.
Benefits to employers
Higher Level Apprenticeships allow employers to train staff to the level needed so they have strong technical and employability skills.
An apprenticeship can:
- Fill a higher level skills gap.
- Attract higher calibre staff.
- Increase productivity.
- Develop existing staff.
For employers seeking further information on SRC’s Higher Level Apprenticeship programmes please contact:
T: 028 3025 9664 / 028 3839 7778