Tiling has become a specialised job used worldwide in modern day architecture and construction. Floor and wall tiling involves laying various types of tiles including marble, ceramic and porcelain. The job locations range from bathrooms and kitchens to churches, swimming pools and hospitals. You will need to be flexible and willing to travel to different locations on a regular basis and enjoy meeting new people. You will need to be good with your hands and have a good eye for detail. You will also need to discuss various designs with clients or householders, so the ability to communicate well is important.
- Hold a level 2 qualification in a related discipline;
- Have attained the minimum school leaving age;
- Have secured employment with a Northern Ireland-based company to work a minimum of 21 hours per week (either as an existing employee in the new job role or about to take up a position with a permanent remunerative employment offer).
- Have the potential to successfully complete all the requirements of the appropriate Level 3 apprenticeship framework.
Please note: Employers may apply their own criteria during recruitment.
Full details on all requirements for Level 3 Apprenticeships can be found in the SRC Admissions Policy & Criteria
- Prepare background surfaces for tiling
- Set out walls and floors for tiles
- Carry out repairs to tiled surfaces
- Use a wide variety of tiles and mosaics
- Position and finish wall and floor tiles
- Use different types of tiling equipment
- Health and safety
Essential Skills in Communication, Application of Number and Information Technology - applicants who have achieved GCSE English, Mathematics or IT at grades A-C, will be exempt from the equivalent Essential Skills course.
1-4 years (depending on how many levels you want to progress through)
You may progress through the levels and then to higher education. Alternatively you may go straight into employment or become self-employed.
HOW TO APPLY
All full-time courses starting in September 2021 are open for applications. Please click on the Apply Now button (top right in the blue box) to begin your application.
If you require any assistance with your application you can call us on 0300 123 1223.
028 3025 9684
IMPORTANT COURSE & DELIVERY STATEMENT
In light of the continuing Covid-19 situation, Southern Regional College may have to amend the delivery methods for a number of courses for the new academic year, or should the need arise effect a temporary College closure. This may also lead to restrictions when accessing student services. Please be assured that the safety of our students is paramount and as such we will be implementing a range of measures in line with government advice and protocols. We will make all appropriate and reasonable adjustments to maintain the ongoing quality of teaching and learning and our support services.
In accordance with the Consumer Rights Act 2015, you will be notified of any such changes, the reasons for the changes and any options available to you to avoid such changes having an adverse impact on your future career. All higher education students and applicants should refer to the Consumer Protection page.
Information about our fees policy including details on registration and reduced fees as well as refunds can be found HERE
Currency () GPB