This course is 2 years in duration and is equivalent to 3 A-Levels. It is a combination of externally set exams and internally set assignments. There are a wide range of assessment methods used incorporating skills desired by industry. Several of these modules involve project based learning where students work with businesses on live briefs.
Students should be aware that should they require a re-sit of an exam, there will be a charge of £35.00 per exam. *Cost subject to change*
Applicants should normally hold the following:
- 15 points or greater, consisting of at least 4 GCSE at Grade C, or equivalent qualification profile from the Register of Regulated Qualifications. In certain circumstances the College may reduce this requirement if it is deemed that the candidate has demonstrated the commitment, understanding and knowledge of the subject;
- BTEC Level 2 First Diploma or equivalent at Pass or above with an overall profile equating to 15 points;
- NVQ Level 2 (in relevant subject area);
- Leaving Certificate – a profile equivalent to 12 points (of which 3 subjects must be achieved at Grade C3 or better at Ordinary Level) pre-2017. For entry in 2018, 3 subjects must be achieved at 04 or better at Ordinary Level.
- Exploring Business
- Developing a Marketing Campaign
- Personal & Business Finance
- Managing an Event
- International Business
- Principles of Management
- Business Decision Making
- Digital Marketing
- Cost and Management Accounting
- Visual merchandising
- Pitching for a New Business
- Work Experience
- Creative promotion
- Project based learning
- Social Media for Business (studied in 1 year)
2 years full-time
You may progress to a degree course or an HNC/D in areas such as Accountancy, Business Studies, Business Management, International Business, Event Management and Hospitality, Transport Management and Logistics, Law or Teaching or to a career in business management, accounting, event management, administration, advertising and marketing as well as other business related careers.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for this course are now closed!
IMPORTANT COURSE & DELIVERY STATEMENT
In light of the continuing Covid-19 situation, Southern Regional College may have to amend the delivery methods for a number of courses for the new academic year, or should the need arise effect a temporary College closure. This may also lead to restrictions when accessing student services. Please be assured that the safety of our students is paramount and as such we will be implementing a range of measures in line with government advice and protocols. We will make all appropriate and reasonable adjustments to maintain the ongoing quality of teaching and learning and our support services.
In accordance with the Consumer Rights Act 2015, you will be notified of any such changes, the reasons for the changes and any options available to you to avoid such changes having an adverse impact on your future career. All higher education students and applicants should refer to the Consumer Protection page.
Information about our fees policy including details on registration and reduced fees as well as refunds can be found HERE
Currency () GPB