This course will provide you with all the artistic and technical skills you need to be a successful practitioner in Fine Art. It also provides you with the opportunity for further study at degree level at the Southern Regional College or other universities. You will have 256 contact hours in college. Further to the contact hours you are expected to show autonomy and independence in your studies whilst working on your assignments directed by your tutor/s outside of the college learning environment.
The programme is a vocationally-orientated course, which will consolidate existing knowledge and prepare you for a variety of pathway associated practice. The course aims to ensure that you achieve academic and practitioner standards as laid out in the QAA Benchmark Statements relevant to Art & Design.
Our experienced staff have a wide span of knowledge in a number of disciplines including Fine Art, Textiles, Ceramics, Photography etc.
- A minimum of 48 UCAS points achieved through the completion of ‘A’ Levels, National Awards, Access or other alternative approved qualifications. Applicants using ‘A’ Level qualifications for entry must have obtained a minimum Grade E in at least one A2 subject.
- At least 14 points at Level 2 or above (e.g. GCSE) or have alternative approved qualifications.
- Evidence of competence in written and spoken English Language. A minimum of GCSE Grade C or equivalent in English and Maths is required for Higher Education courses. In some cases the Essential Skills qualification at Level 2 may not be a suitable alternative to a GCSE.
- Interview and portfolio of work required.
Adult returners and those working in the industry may not require these qualifications.
- Ideas Generation and Development in Art and Design
- Contextual and Cultural Referencing in Art and Design
- Visual Communication in Art and Design
- Professional Practice in Art & Design.
- Material Practices
- Art/Craft Production
- Media Practices
- Digital Fabrication
- Material Selection and Specification
- Collaborative Project
- Advanced Art Practice Studies
2 days per week for 3 years
ACCREDITED BYThis course is accredited by Pearson.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Click here to view our terms and conditions
Mandatory requirements for the course are to travel to galleries and other places of interest in relation to your study. These field trips may cost you up to £40 per year. Additional charges for pens, pencils, glue, brushes etc. may total £60 per year depending on project requirements.
On successful completion of this course you may progress to employment opportunities in the photographic and design industries or progress to the BA (Hons) in Creative Imaging at Banbridge Campus. Alternatively, you may progress to courses at other higher education institutions.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply now using our online application form!
IMPORTANT COURSE & DELIVERY STATEMENT
In light of the continuing Covid-19 situation, Southern Regional College may have to amend the delivery methods for a number of courses for the new academic year, or should the need arise effect a temporary College closure. This may also lead to restrictions when accessing student services. Please be assured that the safety of our students is paramount and as such we will be implementing a range of measures in line with government advice and protocols. We will make all appropriate and reasonable adjustments to maintain the ongoing quality of teaching and learning and our support services.
In accordance with the Consumer Rights Act 2015, you will be notified of any such changes, the reasons for the changes and any options available to you to avoid such changes having an adverse impact on your future career. All higher education students and applicants should refer to the Consumer Protection page.
Information about our fees policy including details on registration and reduced fees as well as refunds can be found HERE
Currency () GPB