The Apprenticeship in Specialist Joinery and Furniture Production will run for two years. The apprenticeship framework will be at Level 2 and will include Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Furniture Making and a Level 2 Diploma in Furniture Production.
The employers involved in this apprenticeship scheme are seeking highly motivated applicants with an attention to detail and the desire to develop the skills needed to produce high end joinery products and furniture. This apprenticeship aims to provide a structured environment where apprentices, under the supervision of a qualified mentor, develop the professional values, leadership, technical/design competencies and the personal and interpersonal attributes that define the role of a specialist joiner and provide a solid foundation for career progression within this field.
Each apprentice will also undergo a specific induction programme with the employer. Our lecturers will ensure consistency of ‘on-the-job’ programme standards and quality. The College recognises the importance of monitoring each apprentice’s progress in terms of both on and off-the-job elements of the programme.
- Applicants must be at least 16 years of age on or before 1st July in the year of proposed entry to the apprenticeship.
- Applicants typically have evidence of competence in written and spoken English Language (minimum GCSE grade D) and numeracy (minimum GCSE grade D) is required.
- Applicants should normally have obtained a minimum of 16 points at GCSE Level.
Individual companies reserve the right to enhance the entrance requirements beyond the minimum criteria where demand exceeds the number of available places.
- Health and safety within furniture and furnishing making environments
- Sustainability in the timber trade
- Assemble furniture components by hand
- Prototype design in furniture making
- Research and product design in furniture making
- Supervision in a furniture and furnishing making environment
- Attaching doors, drawers and fittings in furniture making
- Technical drawings and workshop geometry
- Produce drawings using CAD
- Production planning in furniture and furnishing making
- Evaluate and develop own skills and expertise in furniture and related industries
- Improve process and quality control in a commercial environment
- Monitor and maintain a healthy and safe working environment
- Cut and assemble hand-crafted furniture
- Attach doors, drawers and fittings to high specification hand-crafted furniture
2 years full-time
Progression to Level 3 Apprenticeship in Furniture Production.
HOW TO APPLY
All full-time courses starting in September 2021 are open for applications. Please click on the Apply Now button (top right in the blue box) to begin your application.
If you require any assistance with your application you can call us on 0300 123 1223.
028 3025 9684
IMPORTANT COURSE & DELIVERY STATEMENT
In light of the continuing Covid-19 situation, Southern Regional College may have to amend the delivery methods for a number of courses for the new academic year, or should the need arise effect a temporary College closure. This may also lead to restrictions when accessing student services. Please be assured that the safety of our students is paramount and as such we will be implementing a range of measures in line with government advice and protocols. We will make all appropriate and reasonable adjustments to maintain the ongoing quality of teaching and learning and our support services.
In accordance with the Consumer Rights Act 2015, you will be notified of any such changes, the reasons for the changes and any options available to you to avoid such changes having an adverse impact on your future career. All higher education students and applicants should refer to the Consumer Protection page.
Information about our fees policy including details on registration and reduced fees as well as refunds can be found HERE
Currency () GPB