Higher Level Apprenticeship
This apprenticeship is at Level 5 and includes the Accounting Technician Diploma as the main knowledge based component of the framework. Each apprentice will undergo a specific induction programme (1 week intense) and an online mentoring programme.
The apprenticeship aims to provide a structured environment where you will, under the supervision of a qualified mentor, develop the professional values, leadership, technical/functional competencies and the personal and interpersonal attributes that define the role of an accounting technician and chartered accountant.
Accounting Technicians Ireland (ATI) is committed to providing training to all company mentors. This training is being provided to ensure consistency of ‘on the job’ programme standards and quality.
Employers are seeking to attract applicants who have a keen interest in Accountancy. They expect applicants to demonstrate a “can do” attitude.
In addition applicants must:
- Possess a minimum grade B in GCSE Maths and grade C in GCSE English (or University approved equivalent*)
- Have obtained a Level 3/A-Level or equivalent qualification equating to 96 UCAS points
- Secure employment with an approved employer who will support you through the HLA programme
Stage 1. Complete both the application form and the additional information form. Attend a pre-enrolment information session where you will receive more information about your chosen course. You will be advised if you can progress to stage 2 if you meet or have the potential to meet the entrance criteria.
Stage 2. For applicants who receive a Conditional Offer from SRC, your additional information will be forwarded to a list of potential employers identified by SRC (alternatively if you have an employer in mind you can contact the College who will assess workplace suitability). You will progress to stage 3 if you meet the employer’s criteria for interview selection.
Stage 3. Interview stage - if following the interview stage you secure a conditional offer of employment under the Higher Level Apprenticeship programme you will progress to stage 4.
Stage 4. Applicants must present evidence to SRC by 13th August 2021 that relevant A-Level or equivalent qualifications are achieved. Evidence of a conditional offer of employment must also be in place at this time from the participating employer. The College will then proceed to issue a FIRM offer onto the HLA Programme.
Please note that a FIRM offer is not a guarantee that the course will commence (See below point 2)
- Employers are responsible for contacting you (the applicant) directly to invite you for interview. The College is not involved in the shortlisting or interview process. Employers are responsible for contacting you (the applicant) directly to make you an offer of employment.
- The HLA programme will run subject to sufficient enrolments. Although you may be in receipt of a FIRM letter of offer onto the course, the College reserves the right to only run the course if sufficient enrolments are in place.
- Attendance is strongly recommended by all Higher Level Apprenticeship applicants at the Southern Regional College’s Careers session. Invitations will be issued to advise date, time and location.
Level 4 Modules (Year 1)
- Financial Accounting
- Business Management
- Business Law
- Work Practice
Level 5 Modules (Year 2)
- Advanced Financial Accounting
- Advanced Taxation
- Management Accounting
- Financial Data Management
- Advanced Work Practice
2 years full-time
ACCREDITED BYAccounting Technicians Ireland
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Click here to view our terms and conditions
Apprentices will be enrolled as students and subsequently student members of Accounting Technicians Ireland during their learning journey. Apprentices who complete the Level 5 Apprenticeship successfully may be eligible to progress to the Level 7 programme (Chartered Accountants Ireland). This programme may provide opportunities for an international placement with a financial institution.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for this course are now closed!
028 3025 9683
IMPORTANT COURSE & DELIVERY STATEMENT
In light of the continuing Covid-19 situation, Southern Regional College may have to amend the delivery methods for a number of courses for the new academic year, or should the need arise effect a temporary College closure. This may also lead to restrictions when accessing student services. Please be assured that the safety of our students is paramount and as such we will be implementing a range of measures in line with government advice and protocols. We will make all appropriate and reasonable adjustments to maintain the ongoing quality of teaching and learning and our support services.
In accordance with the Consumer Rights Act 2015, you will be notified of any such changes, the reasons for the changes and any options available to you to avoid such changes having an adverse impact on your future career. All higher education students and applicants should refer to the Consumer Protection page.
Information about our fees policy including details on registration and reduced fees as well as refunds can be found HERE
Currency () GPB