The winners of the Department for the Economy’s annual Northern Ireland Apprenticeship Awards were announced today.
Speaking at a ceremony hosted by speaker and broadcaster David Meade in the Belfast Harbour Commissioner’s office, Mike Brennan, Permanent Secretary at the Department for the Economy, said: “The Northern Ireland Apprenticeship Awards are an opportunity to appreciate those who have made a significant investment in vocational education. The awards ceremony allows us to celebrate the commitment and the immense capability of our apprentices, their employers and the training providers who support them.”
The 2023 winners are:
- The Apprentice Award – Conor Braniff, employed by Tullycross Tiling and training at Southern Regional College. Conor is undertaking his Level 2 in Construction.
- The Higher Level Apprentice Award – Kerry Moore, employed by Deloitte MCS and studying with Ulster University. Kerry is working towards her Level 6 HLA in Business Technology.
- The Small to Medium Enterprise Award – Nugent Engineering in partnership with South West College.
- The Large Employer Award – NIE Networks in partnership with Northern Regional College.
- The Mentor Award – Charley McAuley, working with apprentices at Mivan Ltd.
- The Special Award for Diversity and Inclusion – NIE Networks.
Referring to the introduction of the inaugural Mentor Award and Special Award for Diversity and Inclusion, Mike Brennan said: “I am particularly pleased to see the introduction of these two new awards. Our apprentices gain so much from the experience and knowledge of those they work with, and it is only right that we recognise these mentoring skills and the time and energy given to development.
“Equally important is the recognition of those employers who have prioritised a diverse and inclusive apprenticeship model. This new Diversity and Inclusion Award highlights the unique role apprenticeships play in ensuring everyone can support economic growth which is central to our vision of a 10X economy.”
More information on the Northern Ireland Apprenticeship Awards 2023 can be found on the Department’s website at https://www.economy-ni.gov.uk/...