The creative industries are an important growth area in the UK and Ireland. This course will introduce you to what is needed to succeed in a range of media sectors including moving image, animation, photography, web authoring, graphics and sound.
You will gain an understanding of media products, production processes and technologies. Cambridge Technical courses are ideal if you prefer to learn in a way that is practical and work-related.
- Applicants must be at least 16 years of age on or before 1st July in the year of proposed entry to the course.
- The College will review the qualifications and/or experience held by applicants and will consider whether this profile shows an ability to progress towards a level 2 qualification.
- Applicants should normally have a minimum of a full Level 1 qualification (4 GCSEs at grades D-G, including English and Mathematics at grades D-F or equivalent). Applicants presenting with a Junior Cert qualification should have attained mostly higher-level subjects.
- All applicants must be able to demonstrate at interview that they have a satisfactory level of fluency in English – both written and spoken. The College reserves the right to refer any applicant to appropriate English Language or Literacy classes until their level of fluency in written and spoken English is sufficient to allow participation in other areas of study.
- Attendance at Pre-Entry Advice Sessions (individual or group interviews) is advisable for the selection of candidates in all level 2 full-time courses. Applicants will be expected to demonstrate that they are committed and motivated to the course.
- The College may also use other evidence provided as part of the application process.
- Introducing Media Products and Audiences.
- Audio Visual Media Skills.
- Audio Media Skills.
- Photography for Media Products.
- Graphic Design for Media Products.
- Web Authoring and Design.
- Animation Production.
Assessment is ongoing through coursework assignments.
There may be some employment opportunities at the end of this course but most successful students will further their studies on the Level 3 Extended Diploma in Media.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for this course are now closed!
028 3025 9686
IMPORTANT COURSE & DELIVERY STATEMENT
In light of the continuing Covid-19 situation, Southern Regional College may have to amend the delivery methods for a number of courses for the new academic year, or should the need arise effect a temporary College closure. This may also lead to restrictions when accessing student services. Please be assured that the safety of our students is paramount and as such we will be implementing a range of measures in line with government advice and protocols. We will make all appropriate and reasonable adjustments to maintain the ongoing quality of teaching and learning and our support services.
In accordance with the Consumer Rights Act 2015, you will be notified of any such changes, the reasons for the changes and any options available to you to avoid such changes having an adverse impact on your future career. All higher education students and applicants should refer to the Consumer Protection page.
Information about our fees policy including details on registration and reduced fees as well as refunds can be found HERE
Currency () GPB